ITANAGAR, JULY 17: Pema Khandu sworn-in as Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh on Sunday.
Here are some things about him:
1) Pema Khandu was born on 21 August 1979 in Tawang's Gyangkar village in Arunachal Pradesh
2) He is the eldest son of late Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, who died in a chopper crash in 2011.
3) He holds a bachelor degree from Delhi's Hindu Colege.
4) He had joined the Congress in early 2000 and became Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee in 2005 and President of Tawang District Congress Committee in 2010.
5) He first entered the Arunachal Pradesh assembly in 2011 to fill the vacancy caused by his father's death.
6) His election as MLA from Mukto (ST) constituency was uncontested and he was soon included in the state government as Cabinet Minister for Water Resource Development and Tourism.
7) Khandu was re-elected unopposed from Mukto in the 2014 assembly elections.
8) Pema Khandu has been elected leader of the Congress in Arunachal Pradesh.
9) Pema Khandu become youngest chief minister of India among all incumbents.