The Chakma Rights and Development Society (CRDS) has set up a scholarship programs with a lump sum cash award and a citation in order to create a culture of merit amongst students belonging to Chakma community who are appearing their Boards at 10 and 12 levels.
Minimum Eligibility requirements:
- Must have at least scored 60% from a school located in Chakma area/ sub-division and belonging to Chakma community
- Mere fulfillment of the eligibility requirements does not guarantee any award
- The award is primarily based on merit and academic performance in Class X and
- However, due weightage may be given to socially disadvantaged children like –orphaned children, girl child (5%) and economically poor (5%) background. In the absence of any income certificate, a proxy measure may be used (e.g., govt. vs. private schools) to identify such beneficiaries.
- Application form duly filled in should be submitted by 30th June to CRDS
- Selection committee to shortlist eligible candidates as per criteria defined Final selection and number of award winners may vary if eligible candidates are not found.
- Announcement of award winners
- The decision of the selection panel would be final and binding on all candidates and no request whatsoever will be entertained in this regard.
- A team of CRDS members will conduct awareness sessions /meetings in different locations to give an overview of the CRDS scholar awards and answer any specific questions people may have with regard to the award. Details along with application form will be circulated in April 2018.
Prize Money :
- Top 3 prizes as per table given below for Class X students passing out in March 2018
- CRDS Scholar – 1st Prize 10,000
- CRDS Scholar – 2nd Prize 7,500
- CRDS Scholar – 3rd Prize 5,000
- Top prize for the topper passing Class XII as per table given below for each stream in Humanities/Arts, Science and Commerce.
- CRDS Scholar - Science 10,000
- CRDS Scholar – Arts /Humanities 10,000
- CRDS Scholar – Commerce 10,000
Download the form and send it to email@example.com